2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2009 10:56 PM by dougc67

Occasionally Cannot Insert Picture In Container

dougc67

Title

Occasionally Cannot Insert Picture In Container

In FileMaker Pro 10 (Mac OS X) I have a container field that normally allow me to insert a picture. Occasionally, however, when I click in the container field of a record, the picture option in the Insert menu is grayed out. I can understand if it always or never allows me to insert a picture but I don't understand the occasional exception.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Occasionally Cannot Insert Picture In Container
          davidanders

Database Files can become corrupt.

Having a known good copy is a basic database rule.

Replacing your current database that is acting flakey with a known good copy is a first step

Recovering the current database and testing the recovered file is a not so good option.

David Anders 

• 2. Re: Occasionally Cannot Insert Picture In Container
            dougc67
                <!--  [if gte mso 9]&gt;&lt;xml&gt; &lt;o:DocumentProperties&gt;   &lt;o:Template&gt;Normal&lt;/o:Template&gt;   &lt;o:Revision&gt;0&lt;/o:Revision&gt;   &lt;o:TotalTime&gt;0&lt;/o:TotalTime&gt;   &lt;o:Pages&gt;1&lt;/o:Pages&gt;   &lt;o:Words&gt;92&lt;/o:Words&gt;   &lt;o:Characters&gt;528&lt;/o:Characters&gt;   &lt;o:Lines&gt;4&lt;/o:Lines&gt;   &lt;o:Paragraphs&gt;1&lt;/o:Paragraphs&gt;   &lt;o:CharactersWithSpaces&gt;648&lt;/o:CharactersWithSpaces&gt;   &lt;o:Version&gt;11.1282&lt;/o:Version&gt; &lt;/o:DocumentProperties&gt; &lt;o:OfficeDocumentSettings&gt;   &lt;o:AllowPNG/&gt; &lt;/o:OfficeDocumentSettings&gt; &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte mso 9]&gt;&lt;xml&gt; &lt;w:WordDocument&gt;   &lt;w:Zoom&gt;0&lt;/w:Zoom&gt;   &lt;w:DoNotShowRevisions/&gt;   &lt;w:DoNotPrintRevisions/&gt;   &lt;w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery&gt;0&lt;/w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery&gt;   &lt;w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery&gt;0&lt;/w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery&gt;   &lt;w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/&gt; &lt;/w:WordDocument&gt; &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  /* Font Definitions */ @font-face      {font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;      panose-1:0 2 2 6 3 5 4 5 2 3;      mso-font-charset:0;      mso-generic-font-family:auto;      mso-font-pitch:variable;      mso-font-signature:50331648 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal      {mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;;      margin:0in;      margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:12.0pt;      font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;} table.MsoNormalTable      {mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;;      font-size:10.0pt;      font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;} @page Section1      {size:8.5in 11.0in;      margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;      mso-header-margin:.5in;      mso-footer-margin:.5in;      mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1      {page:Section1;}   --><!--  StartFragment  --> I finally figured out what the problem was. Each record in the database consists of information from two tables that are linked by an ID number. While there is always data and an ID number in the first table, there are times when there is  no corresponding ID number in the second table. When I created the DB, I unfortunately created the container as part of the second table. On those occasions when I couldn’t past a graphic into the container it was because there was no second table input for that record, therefore, while the container (or at least its outline) appears on the record layout, it essentially does not exist for that record.<!--  EndFragment  -->