AnsweredAssumed Answered

ODBC connection issues on OS X

Question asked by pspak on Sep 19, 2009
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 by TSGal

Title

ODBC connection issues on OS X

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a Filemaker DB hosted by Filemaker server. I followed the instructions per the ODBC/JDBC guidelines pdf and have confirmed that the connection works per the instructions in the following post:

Re: How to setup Filemaker ODBC client connection on Mac?

To reiterate - the dsn test in the Openlink ODBC Administrator confirms that the connection works.

When I try to connect using the client software (Stata), however, I get the following error message:

The ODBC driver reported the following diagnostics
[iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib, 6): no suitable
image found.  Did find:  /Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib: no matching
architecture in univer
SQLSTATE=00000
[iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
SQLSTATE=IM003

To confirm, I executed the following command in Terminal and get the same message:

iodbctest "dsn=xxx;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx"
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
Driver Manager: 03.52.0607.1008
1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib: no matching architecture in univer (0) SQLSTATE=00000
2: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM003

Just to be sure, I recopied the 'SequeLink.bundle' file from the install disks to the ODBC folders. Also, I confirmed that the odbc.ini file had the correct verbiage.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes