1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 2:57 PM by TSGal

ODBC connection issues on OS X

pspak

Title

ODBC connection issues on OS X

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a Filemaker DB hosted by Filemaker server. I followed the instructions per the ODBC/JDBC guidelines pdf and have confirmed that the connection works per the instructions in the following post:

Re: How to setup Filemaker ODBC client connection on Mac?

To reiterate - the dsn test in the Openlink ODBC Administrator confirms that the connection works.

When I try to connect using the client software (Stata), however, I get the following error message:

The ODBC driver reported the following diagnostics
      [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib, 6): no suitable
      image found.  Did find:  /Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib: no matching
      architecture in univer
      SQLSTATE=00000
      [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded
      SQLSTATE=IM003

To confirm, I executed the following command in Terminal and get the same message:

iodbctest "dsn=xxx;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx"
      iODBC Demonstration program
      This program shows an interactive SQL processor
      Driver Manager: 03.52.0607.1008
      1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib, 6): no suitable image found.  Did find:
          /Users/xx/Library/ODBC/SequeLink.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ivslk20.dylib: no matching architecture in univer (0) SQLSTATE=00000
      2: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (0) SQLSTATE=IM003

Just to be sure, I recopied the 'SequeLink.bundle' file from the install disks to the ODBC folders. Also, I confirmed that the odbc.ini file had the correct verbiage.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: ODBC connection issues on OS X
          TSGal

pspak:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have much experience with Stata, and I don't see any issues logged with Stata.

If the test connection is working fine, can you test the connection with Excel or another application that we know works?  If it works with Excel, then I'll report the issue with Stata.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.