0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 10:16 AM by KenM

ODBC connection on MacOs 10.8 Lion.

KenM

Title

ODBC connection on MacOs 10.8 Lion.

I'm attempting to import some data from a MySQL database into FileMaker Pro 12. I've read the relevant sections in the Help and the fm12_odbc_jdbc_guide_en.pdf ,but I'm having a problem connecting. I've hit a bit of a dead-end and was hoping maybe someone has done this themselves and might be able to tell me where I'm going wrong.

First of all, here's what I'm using:

FileMaker Pro 12.0v4 and MacOS 10.8.4

And the server is running MySQLi 5.0.96

I've downloaded and installed the 64 bit ODBC driver ver 5.1.12 from here

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html

And downloaded and installed the Actual ODBC manager.

I've configured a System DSN with the following value pairs:

server:(server IP address)

user: (database user)

password:(database user password)

database:(database name)

When I select File>Import Records>ODBC Data Source in Filemaker Pro, then select the Data source I set up in ODBC manager and press continue I get a login screen on which I enter the  username and password for the MySQL database. Here's where it all goes pear-shaped as I get a message saying "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again."

I suspect this is a connection, rather than an authentication issue as I'd previously entered nonsense in the ODBC manager and got the same message. However, I'm unsure where to look, or how to test to get some more specific idea of what the problem is.

I'd be glad of any help from someone who has either been here before or has a bit more of clue than me about connecting to MySQL databases and can offer some troubleshooting tips.

Cheers

Ken