AnsweredAssumed Answered

ODBC Data Connection Problem between Filemaker and 3rd Party Document Management Software

Question asked by RLSFamily on Mar 11, 2010

Title

ODBC Data Connection Problem between Filemaker and 3rd Party Document Management Software

I am trying to connect my Filemaker database to a Simple Index configuration. For those that don't know, Simple Index is a document management system that allows scanning of documents making them electronic. I am trying to autofill fields on a coversheet that cooresponds to each document so that the computer will file them in the correct locations. I am using ODBC to create a file dsn of the database I want to connect. Everything tests fine in the ODBC administrator on my computer. As far as I can tell, I have enabled sharing of the database through Filemaker with all users having access to the file. I have made the connection to the database through Simple Index. It even finds the field names but that is as far as it will go. I was using the Sequelink 5.5 driver that came with the computer, but now I have a trial upgrade to 6.0 because I read somewhere that might be the problem. So far it has not improved.

I am using Windows Vista, Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced, and Simple Index, I am a new user so guide me please!

Please help!

Outcomes