0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 9:45 AM by RLSFamily

ODBC Data Connection Problem between Filemaker and 3rd Party Document Management Software

RLSFamily

Title

ODBC Data Connection Problem between Filemaker and 3rd Party Document Management Software

I am trying to connect my Filemaker database to a Simple Index configuration. For those that don't know, Simple Index is a document management system that allows scanning of documents making them electronic. I am trying to autofill fields on a coversheet that cooresponds to each document so that the computer will file them in the correct locations. I am using ODBC to create a file dsn of the database I want to connect. Everything tests fine in the ODBC administrator on my computer. As far as I can tell, I have enabled sharing of the database through Filemaker with all users having access to the file. I have made the connection to the database through Simple Index. It even finds the field names but that is as far as it will go. I was using the Sequelink 5.5 driver that came with the computer, but now I have a trial upgrade to 6.0 because I read somewhere that might be the problem. So far it has not improved.

I am using Windows Vista, Filemaker Pro 10 Advanced, and Simple Index, I am a new user so guide me please!

Please help!