0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 3:47 PM by danmorph

odbc insert to SQL Server

danmorph

Title

odbc insert to SQL Server

I am trying to insert a record to SQL Server from Filemaker, via ODBC

The script goes like this:

Execute SQL SQL Text:

"INSERT INTO coursecalendar (Branch,CalendarRem_D,cStatus,cVnuAdd,dCourseDate,dCreationDate,dOffCalendar,EnrolCount,Event_Info, iCourseTimesF_C,iCourseTimesS_C,nBusPhone,nFee,nMaximumEnrol,nMinimumEnrol,nMobile,nParticipants,nUniqueID, OnlinePayment,OnWeb,tCourseCode,tCourseOptions,tCourseStatus,temail,tOrganisation,tStatusCancelled, tStatusChanged,tStatusClosed,tStatusOpen,tStatusOther,tType,Venue1,VenueAddress,VenueEmail, VenueFax,VenueMobile,VenuePcode,VenuePhone,VenueState,VenueStreet,VenueStreet1,VenueStreet2, VenueSuburb,iCourseTimesS,dModDate ) VALUES ('"&Courses::Branch&"','"&Courses::CalendarRem_D&"','"&Courses::cStatus&"','"&Courses::cVnuAdd&"','"&Courses::dCourseDate&"','"&Courses::dCreationDate&"','"&Courses::dOffCalendar&"','"&Courses::EnrolCount&"','"&Courses::Event_Info&"','"&Courses:: iCourseTimesF_C&"','"&Courses::iCourseTimesS_C&"','"&Courses::nBusPhone&"','"&Courses::nFee&"','"&Courses::nMaximumEnrol&"','"&Courses::nMinimumEnrol&"','"&Courses::nMobile&"','"&Courses::nParticipants&"','"&Courses::nUniqueID&"','"&Courses:: OnlinePayment&"','"&Courses::OnWeb&"','"&Courses::tCourseCode&"','"&Courses::tCourseOptions&"','"&Courses::tCourseStatus&"','"&Courses::temail&"','"&Courses::tOrganisation&"','"&Courses::tStatusCancelled&"','"&Courses:: tStatusChanged&"','"&Courses::tStatusClosed&"','"&Courses::tStatusOpen&"','"&Courses::tStatusOther&"','"&Courses::tType&"','"&Courses::Venue1&"','"&Courses::VenueAddress&"','"&Courses::VenueEmail&"','"&Courses:: VenueFax&"','"&Courses::VenueMobile&"','"&Courses::VenuePcode&"','"&Courses::VenuePhone&"','"&Courses::VenueState&"','"&Courses::VenueStreet&"','"&Courses::VenueStreet1&"','"&Courses::VenueStreet2&"','"&Courses:: VenueSuburb&"','"&Courses::iCourseTimesS&"','"&Courses::dModDate&"')"

My problem is that Filemaker is not inserting the values into the string - it is simply sending the string over to SQL Server as is - including the quotes that start the INSERT statement. I have profiled on the SQL Server side, so I am certain about this.

I am assuming that the "found set" is the record that I am on, when scrolling through the layout - is this a valid assumption?