0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 5:49 PM by quill

Odbc Lookup or other means of updating online database in real time from inhouse Filemaker db's

quill

Title

Odbc Lookup or other means of updating online database in real time from inhouse Filemaker db's

Hello everyone,

I am using Filemaker Pro 1 0.0V3

We have a couple of computers running xP, Vista and Windows 7. They are connected to FileMaker Server 9. The odbc connector is installed and running on the server.

The odbc connector connects to our online mysql db. This database drives our webpages.

I am able to see the online data in filemaker, create relationships using the online data and change the online data manually in filemaker. this ofcourse reflects online instanlty.

The relookup command, however, does not update a odbc field whatsoever.

I would like to be able to use the lookup command to update the related online, mysql, odbc connected fields from the inhouse filemaker databases.

Other means of pushing the data from the filemaker inhouse db's to the online server instantly, except for scripts (as scripts are very time consuming, we're talking hours) would be great. It would also be nice if one could have a live link between the inhouse data on the online data.

Am i looking for answers and there are none? My  research has not turned up anything :(.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.