3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2010 1:53 PM by kapitaen_1

ODBC with MS SQL 2008

tonyz289

Title

ODBC with MS SQL 2008

I am trying to read Filemaker data from MS SQL 2008. I have successfully enabled the ODBC diver (it passes the test). However when it comes to using SQL the operation returns the error message: [FileMaker][FileMaker ODBC] User ID must be specified. From reading the documentation those are produced by Filemaker.

I am using the .NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC with the correct info entered.

How do I provide the Used ID to ODBC.

• 1. Re: ODBC with MS SQL 2008
          kapitaen_1

look here and scroll some lines down to the red example text. There is a example connection string, and how it can be changed.

Does it help?

greetings from germany

Chris

• 2. Re: ODBC with MS SQL 2008
            tonyz289

It does not help because I am using Filemaker ODBC driver not the one mentioned in you post. I downloaded the version on a trial basis and it did not include either driver. I phoned their tech support department and was given the Filemaker driver

• 3. Re: ODBC with MS SQL 2008
              kapitaen_1

Hi Tony,

of course the example is for the filemaker / sequelink odbc driver. I use it to access filemaker data 8located on my filemake server) from some asp.net projects.

Unfortunately, i never used passthrough data from my sql server.

In a quick try i only found http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0awyw2c0(VS.80).aspx. I hope it helps. If not, you should have a look at the newsgroup(s) microsoft.public.sqlserver.* where i always got excelent help directly from the MVPs.

greetings from germany

Chris

ps.: to the filemaker people: something broken in your forum software? i can´t enter a working link. nor the link icon in the edit window, not from hand using the html tabulator.