2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2011 2:26 PM by jessieleah

Odd FMPro11 Crash Problem

jessieleah

Title

Odd FMPro11 Crash Problem

I have a user that VPNs into the server via VPN Tracker.  He has a Mac running Leopard and FileMaker Pro 11.03.  Every once in a while the fonts set in the layout and the fields will change.  The font that I used to use was Verdana - with some layout changes, we switched to using Century Gothic.  Like a few seconds before FileMaker crashes - the font changes to what looks like Times New Roman.  It also did this when I used verdana.  The user appreciates the font change as it's a heads up to the crash.  Doesn't anyone else experience the same thing?  Oh, we also use FileMaker Server 11 (not Advanced though.)

Thanks All!!

• 1. Re: Odd FMPro11 Crash Problem

jessieleah:

Thanks for posting!

I haven't seen this behavior before but it sounds like a possible font issue. Do they have fonts in the /Users/<username>/Library/Fonts folder? If they do, try moving them to a folder on the desktop and see if the issue still occurs.

It might also be a good idea to remove the FileMaker plist files. These can sometimes become corrupt and cause unexpected behavior. Head to /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences and remove any plist files that begin with com.filemaker. 

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Odd FMPro11 Crash Problem
            jessieleah

Thanks, I will give that a go and see what happens!