2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2011 10:03 PM by CarlJones

OKAY... I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

CarlJones

Title

OKAY... I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

I have a table with fields that hold my Project Information. This page remains the same. The project Information Table.. I have another table in a different layout called system information. On the Project Information table I have two control numbers that I want to appear on each new file on the system information table and field that I have designated for them. I set up the Project information page as the Primary key (the one) and the System Information table as the FK (the many). I am using the field from the project Information table in the System information table, yet the numbers are not displaying. What am I doind wrong? thanks

• 1. Re: OKAY... I HAVE ANOTHER ONE
          philmodjunk

ProjectInformation::PrimaryKey = SystemInformation::ForeignKey

I have two control numbers that I want to appear on each new file [Related Record] on the system information table

On a layout based on SystemInformation, you can add any fields you want form ProjectInformation and they should display just fine--no need to add fields to SystemInformation for this purpose. You do need to make sure that the current record in SystemInformation links to a record in ProjectInformation in order for this data to display correctly.

• 2. Re: OKAY... I HAVE ANOTHER ONE
            CarlJones

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting this to workby pasting the serial or updated number into the field that was changing. My original cover page I am keeping the same and i am pulling information from the cover page into new records. It is working fine now. I think, when I am done... I could email you the file so that you ca critique it and tell me everything I did wrong:D:D... Thanks for all the help Phil.