13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 12:36 PM by RickWhitelaw

Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!

roydesetto

Title

Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!

I just upgrade to 13 but now i still have 9 MY problem is my date( student names) in my layout mode is all screwed up I have a 3card per( this is used by Healthcare provider to print AHA cards) So i tried to adjust the names  and i some how lost the 3rd. name and info it ably shows in layout 2. If anyone know what I'm talking about Please Help. Roy DeSetto

• 1. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
          RickWhitelaw

You may want to consider rephrasing this question as it's unintelligible . . . I don't mean to be uncharitable but I have no idea why you're trying to say.

• 2. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
            Markus Schneider

Seems that this forum software did not display paragraphs - one more time

If I got it right, You have to do some layout work. FM13 might need wider fields. Try to place the desired fields using the new field picker (black popup window, accessible from the 'tool-bar' at the top-right of the window in layout mode). Select the fields (cmd-click to select more than one), choose orientation and label-placement - then drag&drop those fields into the layout

• 3. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
              philmodjunk

"3 Card Per" makes no sense. What is a "card"? Is that a record? Per what? 3 cards per record? 3 cards per page? or ???

You might want to upload a screen shot of your layout. You might want to do this twice, once with the screen shot captured while in Browse Mode and one while it is captured in Layout Mode.

• 4. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                roydesetto

Hi yes a card means record of students we are a training center for the American Heart Assoc. We give classes and print out their cards when they pass the course. I print the names on a roster and then go to my 3page card, which hold 3 names and info on student  then print now the names on the 2nd. and 3rd. card was off their lines so when i went to layout and tried to fix them i somehow lost the 3rd. name when i print it. I know if u don't see it its hard to understand Pro 9 was a generalnprogram for all. I have order new update that is more geared to healthCare Provers. Thank you for taking the time Roy

• 5. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                  philmodjunk

I doubt that the update will fix your issue--which sounds like a problem with the design of your layout used to print three records to a page. Very small changes to the layout or even just a change in printers or printer drivers (such as updating the OS might do) can be enough to cause the 3rd record to print on the first row of the next page.

To repeat: You might want to upload a screen shot of your layout.

• 6. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                    roydesetto

To Rick when i tried to explain my problem I took for greater all new of AHA n the program Im sure u didn't understand it but a Healthcare Provider, MD, RN ,etc. would understand completely. Thank God everyone in this form is not nasty as u with ur answer. If u didn't know then u should have shut IT.

• 7. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                      roydesetto

Markus u idea sounds very good thank you for trying to help Im getting it touch with the person who designed the software today. Maybe u can give some advice to Rick on how not to be a JERK> Thanks Roy

• 8. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                        roydesetto

I am so thankful for u to help me and yes upgrade won't help it happen the i needed upgrade before this and yes it was weekend i couldnt reach person in company to help. Last time this happened, like u said, it took him about 10 sec. to fix. U see i am computer challenged . Thank

• 9. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                          philmodjunk

Posting as Community Leader here:

Rick is a very helpful member of this forum. He was definitely not being a Jerk. He was just asking for more information so as to be able to understand your post and thus be able to help you. You really shouldn't post here and expect others that may have no EXPERIENCE with your profession but who are very knowledgeable about databases to understand your Jargon.

• 10. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                            RickWhitelaw

Roy, I don't believe I was being "a jerk" in my comment. I simply couldn't make sense of your question. I was also careful to point out that I was not meaning to be uncharitable in my response. In no way can my response be seen as critical of you or antagonistic towards you. I should also point out that I didn't call you names which you have chosen to do. 

• 11. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                              roydesetto

Rick let leave it at that but u don't think intelligible is no name calling in my neck of the woods it means NOT INTELIGENT

• 12. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                                roydesetto

Phil look at the way u answered me and the way he did!  Yours was friendly and tried to understand my problem  What does Un charitable mean? that does sound like a guy trying to help it sound like a guy with his nose up in the air. You know I'm sorry I tried to get help from this forum I thought it was for all not only EXPERTS. Thank all that tried. Roy

• 13. Re: Old school filmmaker pro 9 help!!!!
                                  RickWhitelaw

This is my last word on this, Roy. Unintelligible means not understandable. It does NOT mean "not intelligent". Uncharitable means, loosely, unkind, which I pointed out I did NOT mean to be.

You will find lots of help from the members of this forum, and you're correct that it's not just for experts. I encourage you to keep visiting. It's really worth it.