1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 8:40 AM by philmodjunk

OMG - preview problems!

nikolasa

Title

OMG - preview problems!

Kia ora all - just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I've created a report which gives details on the overall stats of all the members in the database (i.e. 200 are women and this makes up 55% of the total members in the database).

When I go into preview mode and attempt to PDF it I've noticed that instead of the two pages of results that I've created there are 10 (I have 5 test records) - So I understand that it is giving me a report for each record.

But I don't want this! LOL - I just want the one report (2 pages) that will give me all the results that I need and not a PDF file that has thousands of pages of the same report (i.e there are 1000 records would result in 2000 pages, instead of the two I want!)

Any thoughts? I've looked online and haven't found anyone with this issue.

• 1. Re: OMG - preview problems!
          philmodjunk

Two possibilities:

If you have fields set to slide up and have not set them to also resize the enclosing part, your report could require more pages than expected.

You may have a layout part (body, sub summary) set to have a "page break before every occurrence" or "page break after every [1] occurrence". You can check for this by double clicking the part label for each such part and check to see if this option was set.