3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2009 9:19 AM by philmodjunk

omit from search records older than 6 months

armen

Title

omit from search records older than 6 months

hi, i'd like to include a button on my form that after a search has been run, it will omit all records that have been timestamped as not modified for over 6 months. How do i do this calculation?

Thanks

Armen. 

• 1. Re: omit from search records older than 6 months
          philmodjunk

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [YourTable::YourTimeStampField; "< " & Date ( Day (get (currentdate)); Month(get (currentdate))-6; Year(get(currentdate))]

Constrain Found Set

• 2. Re: omit from search records older than 6 months
            armen

Hi Phil, thanks for that. I'm a bit of a novice so not too sure what im doing wrong. I've pasted that into a script in the specify calculation section and amended it with my table name and timestamp field --->

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [Contact Management::Timestamp_Modified; "< " & Date ( Day (get (currentdate)); Month(get (currentdate))-6; Year(get(currentdate))]

Constrain Found Set

<---

when i click ok its highlighting "enter find mode" then telling me the specified table cannot be found, where do i specify the table?

thanks

armen.

• 3. Re: omit from search records older than 6 months
              philmodjunk
                 As these are lines of a script, you can't paste them into a specify calculation dialog. You have to use script manager to create the script one line at a time. You can copy and paste the expression: "< " & Date ( Day (get (currentdate)); Month(get (currentdate))-6; Year(get(currentdate)) into the specify calculation dialog for the Set Field script step.