5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 9:45 AM by philmodjunk

Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution

AnthonyPaliseno

Title

Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution

Here is the image of the script and a image of the empty field (which is being try to be omittied, (basket name = t_model)

http://imgur.com/2loOo5n

Also, how do I print the full contents of the page on 1 sheet of paper, without having to change the size of the layout ?

• 1. Re: Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution
          philmodjunk

When a find specifies search criteria from related records, unwary users are frequently surprised by unexpected results due to how FileMaker processes such a find request.

Your stored find has 3 different requests specifying criteria in three different table(Ocurrence)s: PO_POLine_Inventory, PurchaseLine From Inventory and Amortization.

On what table occurrence is your layout based? How do the other table occurrences link to it in relationships?

As I was about to click "Post", I realized the likely issue. Instead of an Omit request, put a * in this field as part of the first find request and see if that produces the results that you want.

• 2. Re: Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution
            AnthonyPaliseno

Putting a * in the field had the reverse effect, it only showed the records I didnt want

• 3. Re: Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution
              philmodjunk

Please answer the questions that I asked.

What you describe makes no sense at this point. Specifying a lone = in a field is a find for records where this field is empty. Putting this in an Omit request is the same as doing a find for all records where this field is NOT empty. There can be a difference in the results, however in cases where the field appears empty because there is no related record to supply a value to the field on the current layout. Using * in a non omit request will still omit that record where = in an omit request will not. But that may not even apply to your particular set up.

As I previously stated, you are specifying search criteria in three different table(Occurence)s. So the relationships involved and which table occurrence is specified for the layout you show can make a big difference in what results appear on that layout.

• 4. Re: Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution
                AnthonyPaliseno

Putting a * in the field, has only showed the records that empy fields, that is opposite of what needs to happen, as I need those records to be hidden.

All of the info from tables on that layout are related, more or less that particular field is pulled directly from the local table the layout is using.

• 5. Re: Omitting records not working ? Also need a print solution
                  philmodjunk

Putting a * in the field, has only showed the records that empy fields

That is the opposite of what * does. Did you do that in an Omit request? that is not what I specified.

All of the info from tables on that layout are related, more or less that particular field is pulled directly from the local table the layout is using.

That does not answer my questions. I know that they are related. I need to know a) HOW they are related and b) which table occurrence is specified in Layout setup | Show Records From for the layout shown in your screen shot.