2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 12:06 PM by SallyLee-Duffy

On Invoices, how to reflect different deposits/balance due dates.

SallyLee-Duffy

Title

On Invoices, how to reflect different deposits/balance due dates.

Hi,

I am pretty new to Filemaker and need some help!

Below is what I have currently got set up:

Bookings Layout, the deposit due date for the invoice is set automatically from the booking date to 6wks after and the balance is set automatically for 6wks before arrival date. But what I found is that sometimes I need to set different options due to people booking the product less than 6wks before their arrival, so currently I have just set up different scripts and Invoices to deal with this but it is a bit of a faff!

What I would like to do is the following:

On the bookings layout, Set the Deposit Due field to a choice of "Yes or No", if Yes this automatically sets the Date Deposit Due field on the Bookings Layout to 6 wks (as it is currently), if No, it sets it to blank or No.

Then on same layout, Set the Balance Due field to a choice of "1wk, 2wks, 3wks, 4wks, 5wks & 6wks" (these are all basically calculations of the arrival date minus the amount of days before arrival that I want them to pay by) Once chosen one of these, it will then reflect the exact Date Balance Due in the relevant field.

I have currently got a Contacts Layout that I use before the Bookings Layout, I had thought about placing these boxes there but then if one client has more than 1 booking, it woudln't work. I also have a Booking Details Layout, which is where all the hidden stuff lies so could place these fields there, just need to know to make them work with the right options.

I tried to do tick boxes for the Yes and No but then couldn't figure out how to get the info through to the next layout.

Any help and guidance would be much apprieciated, I am sure that it is very easy but I can't seem to figure this one out as not very good with formulas yet!

Many thanks,

Sally

• 1. Re: On Invoices, how to reflect different deposits/balance due dates.
          davidanders

Clients (a table) can have multiple Orders (Bookings - a Table)

Orders have one Invoice (a Table)?

Invoices can have one | mulitple Payments (a Table)?

Invoice is billed at six weeks (42 days) before Order is delivered?
               Unless Order is placed less than six weeks before delivery then is billed immediatedly?

• 2. Re: On Invoices, how to reflect different deposits/balance due dates.
            SallyLee-Duffy

All the above is correct, except that the invoice is always issued on booking to be paid 6wks from that date (deposit) then balance due 6 wks before arrival in resort (normal case scenario) with 40% of the cases being no deposit required instead full payment required before arrival where I set the date.

To give you a better idea, the product we sell is Ski Lessons, 1 client can book anything from 1 lesson to 10 lessons on the same booking and can then come back again a couple of months later to book more on another booking. Some clients will book months in advance, hence the automatic 6wks deposit 50% payment, with balance paid 6 wks before arrival. Where other clients will book a month before they come out, so I will give them 2 wks max to pay the full balance, but this can vary depending on booking date and arrival date.

I have 2 different invoices, one for full booking and one for 50%, which are automatically set to the 6 wks, accessed through buttons on my bookings page, I then have these same invoices duplicated which I can run from a script when needed for a closer date.

Basically I just want to make my life easier, so that I can choose the amount of weeks to pay before arrival, instead of just writing it in or ignoring the automatic one. so it does it automatically once I choose the option and then just stick to the 2 main invoice buttons running the 2 main scripts.

I have been using the old way for a year now, just want to make it more efficient.

Thanks,

Sally