3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 11:08 AM by LaRetta_1

On Selection... Go to Layout

wbanks

Title

On Selection... Go to Layout

I'm new at this and unfortunately don't use the product enough to completely understand everything, so please pardon the question.

I have a layout containing a field with a drop-down list.  Upon a 'yes' selection, I'd like to have a different layout automatically displayed with related records.  Is this possible?

I'm using FM11.

Thanks for any assistance.

• 1. Re: On Selection... Go to Layout
          LaRetta_1

You would first create your script.  Without more information, I can only provide general idea but it would look something like this:

If [ dropdown field = "Yes" ]
          Go To Related Record [ your child table using a child layout ]
          End If

... and select whether to end up with related records only for the current parent record (match current record) or whether to find all children for all parents in your found set (match found set). 

Then right-click the field and select 'Set Script trigger'  OnModify and select your script.

• 2. Re: On Selection... Go to Layout
            wbanks

Thanks for the assitance.  Some of the On[Commands] have changed with the different versions.

• 3. Re: On Selection... Go to Layout
              LaRetta_1

" Some of the On[Commands] have changed with the different versions."

I wasn't aware of this but I was just aware, as I looked above, that I put OnModify instead of OnObjectModify.  I think I simply wasn't careful enough.