2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 7:36 AM by SteveMartino

On Window Close Trigger Script Question.

SteveMartino

Title

On Window Close Trigger Script Question.

Hello, I had some questions about a script I found in the Contacts Starter Solution.  I can not seem to find where it is used (checked DDR & all thru the database).

This is just to satisfy my curiosity and learn a little.

So my questions are:

1.  What would this script be used for?

2.  What does it do?

3.  Why would I need this/or do I need this script? (Answer to this question may be in the answers of Q1 or Q2.

LastWindowScript.png

• 1. Re: On Window Close Trigger Script Question.
          philmodjunk

If you hide and lock the toolbar for you file. The only way to unlock and show them again is with a script.

This script compares the window name of the current window to the File Name. If they are the same it shows the toolbar.

Note that normally, the first window of a file to open has the same name as the file's. Subsequent windows typically have different names.

• 2. Re: On Window Close Trigger Script Question.
            SteveMartino

Thanks Phil for the info.  I noticed in the Contacts Starter Solution it uses show/hide toolbars in almost every script that changes windows or layouts, based on System Platform.  I have it disabled and went thru all layouts on all devices (desktop, iPad, iPhone) and didn't see any problems.