1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 3:35 PM by philmodjunk

One Database for Multiple clients

AaronLopez

Title

One Database for Multiple clients

Hello FM world.  I am still farily new to FM.  I am looking to build a solution that I can use for 3 different clients.  The data that each client needs to see can't be the same.  For instance there are 10 products and 2 products belong to client A and 3 products belong to client B and 2 products belong to client C.  We make changes to existing products and some clients share products on any given day but I need to make sure I can sontrol what each client sees when they log in.  I need to have control of the product list that client A, B, and C have access to.  I hope that I am being clear in my need.  I hope this is even possible.  Thanks FM community.  

• 1. Re: One Database for Multiple clients
          philmodjunk

There are ways to use Manage | Security to control which records may be viewed/edited by each user who opens your database.

For starters, see "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a detailed description.