2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2008 1:30 PM by BobM

Online registration

BobM

Title

Online registration

Can I create an online registration form people can access to enter their personal information using a Filemaker database? Each individual should only see or have access to the info they are entering. I am a physician and I am trying to create a way for people to register for my office online. I also use FM databases to track people, procedures outcomes etc. so this would minimize data entry as well. Any suggestions or comments on how this may be hosted on the Web would be welcome.

• 1. Re: Online registration
          Orlando

Hi BobM

Welcome to the forum.

For creating a registration form there are a number of ways you can go about this but I would recommend creating a Custom Web Publishing solution using FileMaker with PHP.

There is a great product called FMStudio which help you build a PHP website that integrates with FileMaker, using the FileMaker PHP API, very quickly and easily, without the need to write much if any PHP code.

The website is http://www.fmwebschool.com/fmstudio.php and there are a load of demo movies and example files for you to look at.

I hope this points you in the right direction, 

• 2. Re: Online registration
            BobM
               Thank you Orlando for the unbelievably prompt reply. I will check out the information on fmwebschool.