5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 9:12 AM by philmodjunk

Only one line item showing on invoice

BillyAmann

Title

Only one line item showing on invoice

I have searched the forum for an answer, but to no avail. 

Basically my issue is using the starter solution for an invoice structure. 

As you can see on the screen grab I have entered two line items, but when i switch to preview mode or even print off the invoice only the top item shows. This is also true when I press the edit layout button. 

I cant seem to find an answer to why it is doing this. 

Screen_shot_2011-06-14_at_11.38.43.png

• 1. Re: Only one line item showing on invoice
          philmodjunk

When you print the invoice, you are switching to a different layout based on the line items table? That's how the invoices starter solution was originally set up.

Two things to check:

1. Make sure that the layout is in List View before previewing.
          2. Make sure your script that takes you to the Invoice Print layout is correctly findind all the Line Items records before previewing/printing them.
          • 2. Re: Only one line item showing on invoice
            BillyAmann

Ok, I am completely green to this whole system, I had it working fine not too long ago. I managed to figure most of what I have done on my own, but I am at a stage where I need some guidance. 

I have tried the list view mode and it is the same as the form view. And because of my newbie status I have no idea on how to troubleshoot these issues. Can you suggest any tutorials or places I may be able to figure this out?

Thanks for your response. 

• 3. Re: Only one line item showing on invoice
              philmodjunk

You are dealing with an issue that is much too specific for any one tutorial or book to be much help here.

How do you print or preview the invoice? In a script?

Try running the script, but then cancelling it (Pressing esc or command period may work) once you have the invoice print layout on your screen. Make sure that you are in browse mode and check to see if the found set is the two records from your portal or not. Check to make sure that List View is enabled and then manually enter Preview mode and check to see if that works.

Also, have you modified this layout recently? If you have really large headers, footers, trailing grand summaries, and/or leading grand summaries, you may no longer have room on the page for more than one line item at a time.

• 4. Re: Only one line item showing on invoice
                BillyAmann

Will it be easier starting again and importing the databases??? 

It seems like a long way to go to print off an invoice... 

• 5. Re: Only one line item showing on invoice
                  philmodjunk

Without understanding why this isn't working for you, that option not only discards all your current work, but runs the real risk that you will repeat the issue in the new copy of the database.