2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 10:09 AM by jwshelton22

Only show Tope 10 Expenses in chart

jwshelton22

Title

Only show Tope 10 Expenses in chart

We are using FM 12 Advanced.

I am not sure how to tackle this task.

A Client has 20 expenses items, each item is a record. I want to show a graph of the 10 highest expense items. How do I set the rank or sort by expense amount and only show the top 10?

Clients are in a table with expenses being in a related table. Current relationship is Client:::ClientID_kp to Expenses::ClientID_kf.

Thanks,

Jim

• 1. Re: Only show Tope 10 Expenses in chart
          philmodjunk

Do you have a table with one record for each expense item (20 records total in your example) linked to your expense transactions?

If you had such a table, you could base your layout on that table, sort the records in descending order by total expense and omit the last 20 records from the found set.

There are also ways to use ExecuteSQL to produce delimited data for charting and there are ways to limit the data returned by ExecuteSQL to just the first 10 rows of data returned by this function.

• 2. Re: Only show Tope 10 Expenses in chart
            jwshelton22

I created 2 new fields

Client:::ExpenseRank which I set at 10

Expenses::ExpenseRank

Created new relationship

ClientID_kp=ClientID_kf   and

Client::ExpenseRank greater than or equal to Expense::ExpenseRank

and then in a script I

Get Found set of Expenses

Sort by Total$ descending

Set Rank

This works great and I was already running script when going to this layout.

Jim