3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2012 6:15 AM by philmodjunk

OnObjectExit Script problem

nashlopez

Title

OnObjectExit Script problem

Hi,

Please help me solve this simple problem, Let say I created already my system and I wanted to have a small window (for example 30x30 small window) appeared when I click my EXIT or CLOSED button. This small window contain FILEMAKER LOGO and any text messages regarding the system. Do I need to create another layout that contains that LOGO and text messages and trigger this using the OnObjectExit script on the EXIT or CLOSED button?

picture below is the same as what I wanted to do in the system.

thanks for the great help.

logo.jpg

• 1. Re: OnObjectExit Script problem
          philmodjunk

Yes, you need a layout for this.

No, you would not use OnObjectExit clicking a button does not enter the button object (tab, enter or return does), so this trigger would not be tripped by clicking your button.

Instead, set up the button to perform a script. Include a step in this script that opens a new window and goes to the layout you have created for this purpose. The next step is to close all other open windows and then, after a suitable pause, you close this window as well.

You could also perform this script by opening FileOPtions and using settings in this dialog to perfom the script any time the file is closed by any means short of a crash or force quit.

• 2. Re: OnObjectExit Script problem
            nashlopez

Sorry for late reply Phil, I created already the layout called "ExitLayout" with Filemaker Logo and created also the script for the exit. I have only 2 tables Student and AccessLog tables, 3 layouts (Student, AccessLog and ExitLayout). What happened is that when I closed the system the Student layout is still at the back of the ExitLayout. I don't know how to script this. And one more thing Phil is that I wanted that the ExitLayout dont have minimize,maximize and exit option. Please help Phil. Use:Filemaker Pro 11 Adavanced.

Here's the script:

New Window[Name:"My System"; Height:353;Width: 555; Top: 200; Left: 250]

Go to Layout ["ExitLayout" (Student)]

Close Window [Name: "Student"]

Show/Hide Status Area [Lock; Hide]

Pause/Resume Script [Duration (seconds): 10]

Exit Application

• 3. Re: OnObjectExit Script problem
              philmodjunk

Nothing you can do about the extra window controls. There's no way to hide/remove them even in FileMaker 12.

You can close the original window and you appear to have a step for that if the window's name is "student". Make sure that the name displayed in the window (often, it's the filename of your database file) matches the name specified in the close window step.

New Window[Name:"My System"; Height:353;Width: 555; Top: 200; Left: 250]

Go to Layout ["ExitLayout" (Student)]

Close Window [Name: "Student"]

Show/Hide Status Area [Lock; Hide]

Pause/Resume Script [Duration (seconds): 10]

Exit Application