AnsweredAssumed Answered

OnObjectSave

Question asked by IT_User on Nov 21, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 by IT_User

Title

OnObjectSave & Portal

So it has been boggling my mind most of the day on how OnObjectSave works.  If you read below you can see how FileMaker explains it.

OnObjectSave

But then in the back of my mind I remember someone telling me how OnObjectSave works, but I don't think what I remember was right either.  (It had to do with two events Exit and Commit.)

In any case, what is happening is that I am changing a value in a field a portal.  The script that runs deals with the field I just changed values in.  The value that is chosen is the old value and not the new value.  It messes up things because it doesn't look at the new value.  I even put the script in the OnObjectExit and OnObjectSave.
     I would rather not have to do onObjectModify (or OnObjectExit), because I really just want it to calculate when it is saved.

I would like something simple to fix this.  I have done Commit, Go to Field, Go to Object, but since that requires so many variables or whatever it makes things a lot more complicated than it should be.

Am I missing something?

Outcomes