3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 2:19 PM by philmodjunk

OnTimer script error after 24 hours

FMUser101

Title

OnTimer script error after 24 hours

I have a script set up on a timer, which is triggered by the opening script for my database. This database is open and left running on a specific computer that then hosts it via instant web publishing for employees to access. I am now stuck, however, as while the script works without issue for the first 24 hours, executing and performing any necessary tasks on the open database file, after 24 hours I get the error message: "An installed OnTimer script could not be found or could not be run with current access privileges" and the script on the timer stops executing. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what might be going wrong here to cause the script timer to “time-out”? This error message doesn't really make sense to me since the OnTimer script is executed multiple times without issue before the message comes up. I have tried using different time intervals, with the same result.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1. Re: OnTimer script error after 24 hours
          philmodjunk

Just ruling a possibility.....

Is there any chance that the computer on which you had this timer script installed hibernated?

This might be a bug to report in Report an Issue.

• 2. Re: OnTimer script error after 24 hours
            FMUser101

Nope, it does not go into hiberation. It does have a different user log in sometimes, while the original FileMaker user hosting the database remains also logged in, but this user switch does not affect the OnTimer script in the first 24 hours.

• 3. Re: OnTimer script error after 24 hours
              philmodjunk

Is the script performed by the timer in the same file as that of the timer?

The reason that I ask is that the only ways I can think of for this error to even be possible short of a bug are:

A re-log in changed access permissions and the permissions deny access to the script performed by the timer

or

The script performed by the timer is in a different file and that file was closed at the time the timer ran down and tried to perform the script.

Both seem unlikely so I suggest that if you haven't figured this out, that you post an Issue Report documenting this as a possible bug over in the Report and Issue section of this Forum.