AnsweredAssumed Answered

Open Remote not finding open files

Question asked by sundown on Jun 21, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 by BeadyEl

Title

Open Remote not finding open files

I have a problem opening Remote files that seems to be unique to one computer, a new MacBook Air.

I have 6 remote computers using FM Pros 10 & 11 that find my files Hosted on my iMac through no-ip.org. I also have a new MacBook Air that sometimes use to check on the Remote file operation since I use my iMac as the Host. I first installed an old version 8.5 FM Pro on the MB Air & it finds the remote files just fine. I decided to upgrade the MB Air to an extra FM Pro 10 I have. 

I enter the name.no-ip.org as favorite host, just like on all other computers, but cannot find any files. I see my iMac as the Local Host, but nothing on the favorite. I go back to the FM 8.5 app & it still works. Have put it in trash & FM 10 still unable to find files. Installed another FM 10 app & same results.

One more detail that may or may not be relevant. When I load a copy of one of my files on the MB Air & open it with FM 10, I always get a warning panel that says "FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FM Pro on this computer." I recycled & restarted both the Host computer & this MB Air & started another user on the MB Air, but nothing changes.

Hope someone can help.

Outcomes