0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 9:08 PM by fred@kca-inc.com

Open URL with Field Contents

fred@kca-inc.com

Title

Open URL with Field Contents

GOAL: Create an easily printable report from the IWP client

I would like to be able to use the contents of a global field which contains a complete HTML formatted report in the Open URL script step from IWP.

I can successfully do this in the Web Viewer using: "data:text/html, " & VMSG::gTemp_Report_HTML

- The Web Viewer seems to be very browser dependent.  It works in Chrome but not in IE???

- Right now, to print the report in IWP, I have to highlight/copy the report in the Web Viewer window then paste it into Word.

I tried this with Open URL.  No luck. Is there something like this that will work with the Open URL script step?

I thought that maybe I could create an HTML file on the server then put the path to the file in the Open URL step.  I can't seem to find any script step to do this that will work in IWP.

I can send the contents of the field in an email using Send Mail, but it only sends plain text and just shows the HTML code.

- I may be able to do this by installing the 360Works eMail PlugIn on the server

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fred