1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 7:08 AM by philmodjunk

Opening a file in a container field in FMP 12

guessmaster_1

Title

Opening a file in a container field in FMP 12

Is there a way of opening a file contained in a container field with the application that created it ? The option of double clicking the file was removed in FMP12.

I am writing an applescript to do this but I am finding difficult to filter or extract the file name to incorporate it in the applescript. 

The other problem is that I need a script that would work in Windows and Mac.

Please help

• 1. Re: Opening a file in a container field in FMP 12
          philmodjunk

The option of double clicking a container field is still in place in FileMaker 12 as it was in FileMaker 11 so long as you don't specify any of the new options. Just like in FileMaker 11, files inserted via Insert File with the store a reference options specified may be opened by double clicking the container field--so long as the field on the layout has not been optimized for interactive content.

Export Field contents--which can be scripted or selected from the Edit menu remains the one method you can use for opening a file regardless of which insertion method, storage option, or data format has been specified.