1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2013 8:18 AM by philmodjunk

Opening a saved primary file.

dmana

Title

Opening a saved primary file.

I created a runtime, MyRuntimeApp, and created a primary solution MyRuntimeApp.fmpur.

Using the menu File / Save a Copy as .. to copy MyRuntimeApp_X.fmpur.

I close and reopen MyRuntimeApp, and it opens with MyRuntimeApp.fmpur.

I do not see a way to open MyRuntimeApp_X.fmpur.

If I delete MyRuntimeApp.fmpur and run MyRuntimeApp, I get the dialog with the message"

"The primary file “MyRuntimeApp” cannot be found and is required for this application."

After respondind OK, the next dialog opens where I can select the file "MyRuntimeAppX.fmpur, and the saved copy opens.

If this is correct, is there a way to surpress the dialog about the primary file not found, and move on the the file selection dialog?

• 1. Re: Opening a saved primary file.
          philmodjunk

Your runtime app is "bound" to a file with a specific name, MyRuntimeApp.fmpur, not MyRuntimeApp_X.fmpur.

To avoid that error message, you would need to rename MyRuntimeApp_X.fmpur to be MyRuntimeApp.fmpur

There may be ways to use a system script to swap around file names, or you can insert the MyRuntimeApp_X.fmpur file into a container field and then Export Field Contents should be able to open the file.