AnsweredAssumed Answered

Opening local FM file with Open URL

Question asked by pavle on Dec 15, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 by shmert

Title

Opening local FM file with Open URL

Hi all,

I have tried to find an answer to my problem, but with not much success.

What I want to do is to script opening local Filemaker files with Open URL. By using the command Open file, I need to set up sources for all the my local files (+90 of them), and then the process is not easily expandable for additional dbs.

I have made an opener file, that works great with opening server hosted files (with Open URL script step), but if I want to use the same opener for opening local files, I cannot find what the path should look like. Open File script step cannot use variables, where for Open URL I am using it to change the path, based on the record I am currently in.

I have tried:

fmp://Mac HD/users/...../db.fmp12

file:///Mac HD/users/...../db.fmp12

fmp://~/db.fmp12

I am on FM13. If anyone has a suggestion for me to try, I'll be glad to listen/read about it. Using the File menu command is not practical, because it requires couple of clicks for each db to be opened. I need something to be scripted, that is scalable, so if I add a new db, all I need to do is add a new record, and all should work fine. That is what I have for my hosted files now, but not for my local files.

I need my local files, because I often make DDRs for BaseElements reports.

Thank you.

Outcomes