3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2009 2:48 PM by TSGal

Opening New Window

mfwills_1

Title

Opening New Window

[FMA 10.0v1 / OSX 10.4.11 PPC]

Ever since I first started using FileMaker Developer, then Advanced, I have successfully used the New Window script step in various situations.

Since moving to FMA 10, however, something does not work properly.

I typically specify the position and size to open in roughly the center of the screen, but windows routinely open at Top=0, Left=0. Sometimes, the window honors the height and width I specify; sometimes the height is as if I had specified 0, but as soon as I start to manually resize it, it jumps to the proper height. So far, for the sake of expediency, I have just added a Move/Resize Window step, which does work properly.

This behavior manifests in every solution in which I use New Window. If it's a bug in FMA10 or a quirk in OSX, I would expect someone to have noticed it before now. So, I am assuming it's something in my computer (which is scary, I'm just not accustomed to such an odd behavior from a Mac).

So, the question: has anyone else seen this?

• 1. Re: Opening New Window
          philmodjunk

I'm using windows xp so my experiences are different. In windows, the only problem I see is that the current window insists on resizing when the new window opens and I have to use an adjust window step to minimize this change. (It still has a very annoying twitch.)

Do you see this with every filemaker file you use?

Do you have another Mac you can try this on? If so, do you see the same behavior?

• 2. Re: Opening New Window
            mfwills_1

PhilModJunk wrote:

Do you see this with every filemaker file you use?

Every solution I converted FMA10, everything I build in FMA10

PhilModJunk wrote: 

Do you have another Mac you can try this on?

I wish.

• 3. Re: Opening New Window
              TSGal

mfwillis:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, I am unable to duplicate the problem, and I know that doesn't help you.  Do you happen to have a Freeze Window script step anywhere?  Do you notice any other script steps prior to the New Windows steps that may affect it?  I'm just looking for any kind of possible leads to try and duplicate this.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.