6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2011 3:44 PM by projay

Opening Screen Help

projay

Title

Opening Screen Help

On opening. Screen I am doing a freeze wondow with a company logo while it process some preferences behind that opening screen with logo. But it doesnt freeze that window it keeps showing some of the other items/layouts I dont want to see. Any ideas?

-Jay

• 1. Re: Opening Screen Help
          philmodjunk

Can you show us the script you are using?

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional look to your script. (Use the HTML option and paste the text into the HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: Opening Screen Help
            projay

Here is screen shot of the script.

-Jay.

• 3. Re: Opening Screen Help
              philmodjunk

What layouts are you seeing? The Employee screen or layouts referenced in the Production menu or Main Menu scripts?

Do you see a layout other than the opening screen and then it changes to the Opening Screen?

• 4. Re: Opening Screen Help
                projay

Its interesting I don't even see the opening screen layout at all.

What I see is a layout not even listed anywhere and then it goes to the priviege set requirements.

But it all finishes as expected...either the "production menu" or the "main menu" according to the privilege set.

-Jay

• 5. Re: Opening Screen Help
                  philmodjunk

Do you have Filemaker Advanced? If so, Launch fileMaker without opening this file, enable the script debugger and then use the file menu to open this file and watch your script execute step by step to see what might be going on here.

If you do not have advanced, modify this script by temporarily adding show custom dialog steps to this script. Put different text in each dialog so you can tell which ones appear at which point. Make sure to make such a step the very first step and also but one right after the go to layout step that takes you to the opening screen. Then run this script and note what takes place before, between and after each show custom dialog.

I'm leaning towards the existance of a layout level script trigger that's interferring with your script.

• 6. Re: Opening Screen Help
                    projay

Thanks Phil...got it going.  I had a another layout set in file options and so I changed it to  "opening screen".  So now I see the "opening screen"...boy it doesnt last for long before it goes to my main menu. 

Thanks again.   -Jay.