2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 6:33 AM by philmodjunk

Or Problem

firebase

Title

Or Problem

I am not good in logical operator, so i guees this is a problem of my fundamental understanding.

Wenn i do:

1=1

or

1=2

It results into true, because one of either is true.

But when i do a more complicated SQL forumlar it does not work the same way.

table1::field  ≠  ExecuteSQL ("SELECT field1 FROM table2 WHERE field2 = ? " ;"";""; table3::field )

or

table4::field  ≠  ExecuteSQL ("SELECT field1 FROM table5 WHERE field2 = ? " ;"";""; table5::field )

What i used is more complicated but anyway, both sides work for itself but as soon i use both and place the or in between it does not work anymore. I also tried Not before the first liune and eafter the or instead of ≠ and using =.

• 1. Re: Or Problem
          firebase

I found it by myself

It should be

NOT(

1 ≠ 1

or

1  ≠ 2

)

Dont know why buth the double  ≠ operator is causing the problem.

Even

(1 ≠1)

or

(1 ≠2)

Did not solved it.

• 2. Re: Or Problem
            philmodjunk

What you post in your last comment does not match the SQL examples in your first post. There are a number of reason why comparing the value of a field to the results of ExecuteSQL might fail--in particular, the query might be returning values from multiple records.

But I think your last expression can be changed to:

Field 1 ≠ 1 AND Field 1 ≠ 2

Field 1 ≠ 1 or Field 1 ≠ 2

will always be true as any value that you select for Field 1 will always cause the expression on one side or the other of the OR operator to be True.