3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 10:15 AM by philmodjunk

Order form to Invoice not pulling all entries

CoolGerry

Title

Order form to Invoice not pulling all entries

I am a novice working in FM10 building a database for an orchestra.

I have created the contact list that contains donors, subscribers, volunteers, etc.  I enter the contact data and move to the Subscriber's tab on the tab panel to enter details about the type of season subscription being purchased.  The season subscription details such as Adult, Senior, Student, type of package, number of subscriptions and cost of package with extended  are entered into a Portal. 

Below the Portal, the order captures applicable taxes and total the Order.

I have a button that opens up the Invoice.  The information draws from the Order into a Portal on the Invoice.

The problem is that the Invoice only pulls over the first line item from the Order Portal.  I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I am stumped! 

Thanks a million

Gerry

• 1. Re: Order form to Invoice not pulling all entries
          philmodjunk

Please specify your relationships. It sounds like your problem may lie there.

In particular: " the Invoice only pulls over the first line item from the Order Portal"

What does that describe? A portal to a LineItems table placed on your invoices layout or something else?

• 2. Re: Order form to Invoice not pulling all entries
            CoolGerry

Hi Phil,

The table "Line Items' is related to the table "Subscribers'.  The invoice is a Layout form.  The information that is placed on the Invoice is derived from the same fields as contained in the Subscriber table.  Does that make sense? 

I also just realized a design flaw.(I think)  If a Subscriber comes in after purchasing their season subscription and wants to purchase some single tickets, the layout in the Subscriber table will calculate all entries in the portal and not just the new ones. 

Thanks,

Ruth

• 3. Re: Order form to Invoice not pulling all entries
              philmodjunk

Sounds like you need an invoices table.

Invoices::InvoiceID = Lineitems::lineitemID

Invoices::ContactID = Contacts::ContactID

For each new sale, you'd create a new invoice record and list the items sold in the line items table. To link to a customer record, you'd select a contactID from the contacts table.