2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 8:22 AM by StevenEmms

Order to delivery?!

StevenEmms

Title

Order to delivery?!

Hi im making a database to log stock comming in and out of the business but im abit stuck now.

I have got creating an order and entering the order items in fine - the problem im now having it so once the item has arrived as a delivery i need to assign a delivery id to each item. Currently in my deliverys form, i have a list of un-delivered items, and i simply change the status from "Order" to "Stock. Once this change happens i want it to stamp that item with the delivery id (deliveries hold all the invoice and date info).

Ive attached an image below of relationship, if you can help please do.

Thanks

Steve

Untitled.png

• 1. Re: Order to delivery?!
          philmodjunk

Will multiple Items have the same delivery ID or will each have a unique delivery ID?

A button can be placed in line with the listed undelivered Item and used with this script to generate a new Delivery Record and assign its ID to the Item record:

Freeze Window
          Go To Layout [Delivery]
          new Record/Request
          Set Variable [$DelID ; Value: Delivery::__pkDeliveryID]
          Go To layout [Original layout]
          Set Field [Item::_fkDeliveryID ; $DelID]

If you format _fkDeliveryID as a drop down list, you can use it to select an existing Delivery ID for a given Item. It's also possible to set up a script that assigns the new delivery record's ID to all the records in your list or just a selected block of records.

• 2. Re: Order to delivery?!
            StevenEmms

Hi thanks for your responce,

yes multiple items will have the same delivery id, but wont necessarily have the same order id.

Thanks