5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 1:48 PM by TSGal

Organize Scripts FM10

shrubr2

Title

Organize Scripts FM10

I can't seem to re-order scripts.  When I move them they go back to their original location.  I wanted to create a folder and place certain scripts into it.  I tried re-ordering with the file open on the server and with it closed.  I tried to delete the folder only to find I deleted some scripts that were in it.  Very erractic behavior.

Any help?

• 1. Re: Organize Scripts FM10
          Orlando

Hi shrubr2

Is this an old database? I have experienced this before and found it to be a damaged index file.

First thing to try is to save a copy of the file as compressed

• Open the file on your local machine, not on Server 
          • Go: File > Save a Copy As... 
          • Set Type to "Compacted Copy (Smaller)"

If this does not do the trick then run Recovery on the file, it would also run quicker on a Clone of the database so first follow the steps above but instead of "Compacted Copy (Smaller)" choose "Clone (no records)" then

• Close the file on your local machine
          • File > Recover...
          • Select your clone and follow the instructions

Let us know how you get on. 

• 2. Re: Organize Scripts FM10
            shrubr2
               Orlando, Thank you for the reply.  I tried your suggestions and nothing has changed. It seemed like the logical thing to do but the scripts and folders still won't stick to the new position.  Perhaps it's a bug.  
            • 3. Re: Organize Scripts FM10
              TSGal

shrubr2:

Thank you for your post.

This is definitely not a bug.  You should be able to reorder the scripts if you are the host and/or the only person opening the database file.

If your access privileges don't allow you to make changes, then that could be a factor, too.

Are you able to uncheck and check the scripts, and if so, do they change back the next time you open the file?

Any additional information you can provide will help narrow down the possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Organize Scripts FM10
                shrubr2

I closed my file down on the server.  Copied the file to my desktop.  Opened the file with my administrative PW,  Opened up scripts, checked the two folders I created checked the 2 folders and some other scripts, closed the file, re-opened the file, items I checked were still checked, I tried moving the scripts = no change.  Closed the file unchecked the ones I checked, closed the file, opened the file the unchecked files remained as I left them.  Tried moving the scripts still not doing what they are supposed to.  Tried using FM 10 Advanced and the regular FM 10.

The only way I could move the scripts was to make a copy of it, drag a copy over the offending folder 4 times with the scripts in the folder, then I deleted the folder holding the 4 scripts with copy appended to them.  I found it odd the script I dragged which had copy appended to it turned into the original leaving the duplicate with copy in the offending folder.

I tried creating a new folder but again it would not stick into position.  

It's a mystery

• 5. Re: Organize Scripts FM10
                  TSGal

shrubr2:

Thank you for the additional information.

It sounds like the file is damaged.  I'll also assume you are able to change the order of scripts in any other file.

If you want to send a clone of your file to me, I'll be happy to look at it.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the clone.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.