2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 10:49 PM by FrancoisPinault

OSX yosemite compatibility with Bento 4 to FMP migration tool...?

FrancoisPinault

Title

OSX yosemite compatibility with Bento 4 to FMP migration tool...?

Hello, i am still using Bento 4 for an old database. Each time i add/edit a record, i migrate the database to FMP using Bento 4 to Filemaker Pro Migration Tool. Since i upgrade my Mac OS to OS X Yosemite (10.10), the Migration Tool refuses to load... Is there (will be) an update of the migration tool to use under Yosemite ? Thank you for your help. Francois.

• 1. Re: OSX yosemite compatibility with Bento 4 to FMP migration tool...?
          TKnTexas

It is doubtful.  The migration tool was designed to be a one time transition from Bento to Filemaker.  You have incorporated it into the workings of your data.  Why have you not moved to adding and editing directly in Filemaker?

• 2. Re: OSX yosemite compatibility with Bento 4 to FMP migration tool...?
            FrancoisPinault

This is a personal database of a significant size (500meg) that I use on mobility on an iPad or iPhone. The sync process of bento between the computer and the ipad/iPhone is very simple and fast even for a 500 meg file. The only way of using FMP on an iPad/iPhone is by defining the computer as a server,  but my personal computer is not always on...! Then I try to transfer the database file to the iPad/iPhone using Dropbox or google drive but it is very very long and to do it each time there is a new record is much too long. This is why I kept on using bento with the migration tool as a backup with FMP in case Bento becomes incompatible as it is not anymore maintain...