1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 11:51 AM by mrvodka

Ouch! My First "Issue" in Version 11: Runtime

dialoguy

Title

Ouch! My First "Issue" in Version 11: Runtime

I've been using FileMaker Pro since before it went "Pro" and Version 9 Advanced for three years or so. I've developed a handy catalogue of film materials at a major film archive, using it to track materials as they pass in and out of our "library" and so on. Within our office we use licensed FMP apps, but once or twice a week we save the current state of the catalog as a runtime version so execs throughout the corporation can look at it and see what's going on... This has worked like a charm: the runtime version is saved on a "group" server and everyone has been able to access it. But now, with Version 11 Advanced, it seems only to work on the same computer it was built on... "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." That's the message I get, but no amount of tweaking gets it working. I'm worried that there is some bug that limits to runtime version to the originating computer, which was NOT the case in v.9 -- it makes no sense!

I'm using Windows 95.