2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 10:15 AM by CekariYH

Output simple code lists and  Copy and Paste code-snippets

CekariYH

Title

Output simple code lists and  Copy and Paste code-snippets

Output simple code lists:

Hi,

Output simple code lists:

is there a way to get an ouput-list for the scripts and code for an object/field?
           Like:

Object/field name
           Script-trigger Name 1
           Scriptname
           Code

Script-trigger Name 2
           Scriptname
           Code

Script-trigger Name 3
           Scriptname
           Code

I know and have used the built in report tool, but it's way "to much info" even tho I limit it to only scripts.
           ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy and Paste code-snippets:

When editing a script's code, is there a way to copy and paste from code-snippets stored in ie a text-editor?

I know that you can copy and paste entire scripts but that's not the thing I'm looking for here.

Thanks
            Cekari

• 1. Re: Output simple code lists and  Copy and Paste code-snippets
          philmodjunk

If I had a dollar for everytime a developer asked for these capabilities.... (And I agree that they would be very useful)

But you can't with just FileMaker. The Database Design Report is the closest that you can come to this.

But there are a number of developer tool plug ins offered by third party developers. You may find that one of them offer what you want. There are some that do amazing things with an XML version Database Design Report.

I know that you can copy and paste entire scripts but that's not the thing I'm looking for here.

With FIleMaker Advanced, you can select an copy one, or a block of script steps from one script to another so you are not limited to copying entire scripts.

• 2. Re: Output simple code lists and  Copy and Paste code-snippets
            CekariYH

If i was a rich...smiley

Ok, I will keep searching then... I found a lot of plug-ins so perhaps I didn't read about this just then.

Aha, that worked great! So why in... aren't there any copy/paste buttons there that other forms have? Never looked in the menus ;-/

Not perfect but good enough.