AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overall Design Dialog speed in FMP 11

Question asked by Kittermaster on Mar 16, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 by Kittermaster

Title

Overall Design Dialog speed in FMP 11

Sorry for the rather vague title, but I would like to know if my situation is unique. I have a very normal setup: FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0 v3 running on a well maintained MacBook Pro 7.1 2.4 GHz Core Duo under OSX 10.6.6 with 4 GB RAM. My problem is that, while finished FMP solutions run fine and quickly, designing or modifying them is a nightmare because of the speed — or rather lack of speed — with many of the design dialogs. Examples are (especially) things like selecting a particular field in the Manage/Database field list, or matching up fields in the Import Records field list — in fact, pretty much anything that involves displaying a list of fields. The effect is that the list in the dialog 'freezes' periodically so that I cannot scroll it or highlight individual fields in it. After several seconds it will then unfreeze, but somewhat unpredictably. It makes the whole process quite frustrating and far more time-consuming than I think it should be. I am not talking about large or complicated tables here by the way — it happens with small numbers (<25) of fields in a table, and with single-table databases. Is there ANYTHING I can do about it?

Outcomes