2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 8:29 PM by yomango

Overlaping fields

yomango

Title

Overlaping fields

Good afternoon. I want to use a dropdown list in  overlaping repeating fields. The top field is the result of a look-up based on the field it overlaps. So the under field is ProductID, its values are taken from a dropdown value list. The overlaping field is Product Name that fills in when the corresponding repetition field is populated. Since the overlapping field is the field showing the information I want to see, but it overlaps the field where I have to type in, I use a triggered script "on object modified" that goes to one field while in Browse mode or to the other field if in Find mode. This procedure has worked for me on several files, until now that the file has two overlaping repeating fields. what I get now is the first repetition. I have edited the script for different approaches like the use of GetRepetition ( repeatingField ; number ) and /or Get ( ActiveRepetitionNumber ) functions, without avail. Can any one of you help. I will appreciate the boost.

• 1. Re: Overlaping fields
          TKnTexas

I am not able to help.  But I wanted to let you know that Repeating-Fields is a legacy feature from Version 2.  In Version 3, relationships replaced the need to use Repeating-Fields.   Hopefully some of the really long term users can assist.

• 2. Re: Overlaping fields
            yomango

Hello. Thank you for your answer. I´m not sure I follow. Did you mean the script I mentioned before won´t work on repeating fields? I was hoping to create a record per quoteID with four or five repeating fields. I can still do it but I have to separate the ProductID field from the Product Name, can´t overlap them like I want. My last decision is not to print the ProductID repeating field, although on screen it looks like a sore to me, I wish I could hide it somehow. Thank you again