8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2014 6:49 AM by philmodjunk

Packing Slip

nella

Title

Packing Slip

I created a ‘Packing Slip’ and need to also create a ‘Certificate of Origin’, Commercial Invoice’ and ‘Bill of Lading’ to go with it.

Tables:

Packing Slips

Line Items

Customers

Products

Product Category

The ‘Packing Slip’ prints fine. So, I copied the Packing Slip print page to use for the rest of the printed material and renamed it Certificate of Origin. I replaced the existing fields in the body of the document with the fields I need to be printed. However, I can’t get it to work.  The information is coming from the same ‘Products’ table but does not display the needed information on the page. It shows one product but that product is not on the packing slip.

On Packing Slip from ‘Products’

Part number

Color

Length

Price

On Certificate of Origin from ‘Products’

Product description

HS Tariff Classification Number

Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Packing Slip
          philmodjunk

What tables and relationships do you have set up in your database?

Do you have something similar to this?

Orders---<LineItems>----Products

And how exactly did you "copied the Packing Slip print page to use for the rest of the printed material"? Did you use Duplicate Layout from the layouts menu or some other method?

• 2. Re: Packing Slip
            nella

Customers---<Packing Slips>---<Line Items>---<Product Category>---<Products>

I used the Duplicate Layout from the layouts menu.

• 3. Re: Packing Slip
              philmodjunk

And the Packing Slips layout has a portal to Line Items on it?

Putting Product Category between LIne Items and Products would seem to make it impossible to look up specific data--such as a unit price or product name from products in your LineItems records.

• 4. Re: Packing Slip
                nella

Yes, the Packing Slips layout has a portal to Line Items on it.

The printing of the Packing Slip works fine. I just need to get the other pages working.

Ideally, I would like to click 'Print" and have all 4 pages print. 

• 5. Re: Packing Slip
                  nella

Here is what is happening.

When I go to print the COF, it doesn’t show the proper records. However, if I go to print packing slip and then go to print COF the records show fine and prints fine. Hmmm….

• 6. Re: Packing Slip
                    philmodjunk

IF you open Layout Setup.. and check the name selected in "show Records From" in both layouts, do you see the same name?

Are you using Print from the File menu or a script to print the packing slip?

• 7. Re: Packing Slip
                      nella

Both  "show Records From" Line Items.

I'm not using a script for the printing.

• 8. Re: Packing Slip
                        philmodjunk

Yes, the Packing Slips layout has a portal to Line Items on it.

Both  "show Records From" Line Items.

Sorry, but those two statements contradict each other. If Show Records From refers to Line Items, a portal to Line Items won't work.

It's typical, however, to use a special Print layout based on Line Items for printing, but then you need to pull up the correct found set of Line Items records on this Print layout before printing and you would print using the "records being Browsed" print option. This is normally scripted, however, but you indicate that you are printing from the File menu so I am a bit confused by the different responses you have posted.

Given that confusion, I'm guessing you are using a script to pull up the lineitems when printing from the Packing Slip layout and this is why you can print correctly from the new layout only after first printing the packing slip. Such a script would leave the needed found set in place that you need for printing from the new layout.