1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 11:42 AM by philmodjunk

Page advance in Report

JamesEwing

Title

Page advance in Report

In my last post - REPORT WITH PAGE ADVANCE - you advised that I could put a subtotal with sort and advance each one occurance.  I tried to do this but since I have a subtotal already in the report (see the last post for screen shot of report setup) it would not allow me to put a second subtotal in the report. Any suggestions?

I could not get the previous post to append this request, so I have made a new one.  How do you append to a post for a continuing conversation?

• 1. Re: Page advance in Report
          philmodjunk

I could not get the previous post to append this request, so I have made a new one.  How do you append to a post for a continuing conversation?

If you scroll to the bottom of a discussion thread, there should be a "Post a Answer" (horrible grammer, but we're stuck with it till the gnomes at RightNow fix it) section for posting the next message for the thread. If you don't see such a section, make sure that you are signed in. (The system can sign you out without warning--another bug we have already reported.)

If you are signed in and still don't see that section, please copy the URL to the page, go to feedback and report the issue.

If you find your original thread and post it's URL here, we can at least back track and see your original screen shot. Without that image, it's hard to answer your question.

You can certainly have multiple sub totals and you can nest them inside each other in a report as well. This requires setting up sub summary layout parts and properly sorting your records to correctly group them. (By "nesting" subtotals, I mean that you can have, for example, a subtotal for every record from a given country, a subtotal for every record from a given state or provence, and a subtotal for every record from a given city, if you define a sub summary for each subtotal, then sort by country, state, and city.)