1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 3:05 PM by philmodjunk

Page Setup when opening vs after accessing page setup

kthersh

Title

Page Setup when opening vs after accessing page setup

If I open one of my filemaker databases and look at the layouts it shows as one page in preview and layout, then if I access File-Page Setup, then look at the same layout in layout or preview mode, it changes my page margins in a way that I need to move objects to get it to one page. Any ideas? Please help!

• 1. Re: Page Setup when opening vs after accessing page setup
          philmodjunk

Page set up is used to specify page size and orientation. It may also select a different printer than the "default" that has a different printable area (the rectangle that represents how close to the edge of the page that the printer can print). All of that can then update the image being previewed to show how it will print.

To keep the layout from "shifting" from side to side like this for different printers, enter layout mode and use Layout setup... | Printing to specify side margins of at least 0.25 inches (or the metric equivalent). Since these margins are larger than the distance between the edge of the paper and the start of the printable area for almost any printer, you shouldn't see a lateral shift when you specify a different printer.