2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 7:29 AM by jthulin

Panels in Popovers

jthulin

Title

Panels in Popovers

I'm playing around with the Invoices template that comes with FMP13. In the Invoice Details layout next to the "Company" filed there is a popover button labeled "Select". In the popover is a search field, a portal containing the list of customers, and a button to create a new customer. The "New Customer" button switches the popover window to a new panel according to: 

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "New Customer Panel" ; "IsFrontPanel" )

as well as executing the script detailed in the attached image.

My question is this - where is the layout for the New Customer Panel in the popover? I cannot figure out how to find it to edit/examine it.

Thanks in advance.

Script.jpg

• 1. Re: Panels in Popovers
          philmodjunk

This one is sneaky and I another forum participant hadn't asked about it--prompting me to open the file and investigate, I wouldn't know how it works. They place an invisible Slider control inside the popover frame. The code here is selecting different panels of that slider, not the popover frame.

• 2. Re: Panels in Popovers
            jthulin

Thanks Phil, that did it. I had to double click on the object in which the portal was located - I was accidentally selecting only the popover frame or the portal and wasn't finding the slider control located within the popover frame and which contained the portal and search field. When I finally found and double clicked the slider control, the slider control panel appeared. So in summary, there are 3 layers/objects to be aware of: the popover frame, the slider control frame, and the portal/fields. Thanks again.