3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 6:54 AM by philmodjunk

Part setup

tays01s

Title

Part setup

Just checking, but I assume because it's best using this in List View, you can't use this on different Tabs? I've had a go and the 'part' defaults to the main layout (ie. not the tab).

• 1. Re: Part setup
          philmodjunk

A tab control and a layout part are quite different things. You cannot create a layout part inside a tab control, that would be like putting a garage inside a car.

Can you describe what you are attempting to accomplish by doing this? If you do that, we may be able to describe an alternate way to achieve the same result.

• 2. Re: Part setup
            tays01s

I was going to use sub-summaries in 2 different forms, but I suppose I can just use 2 different layouts with button/go to layout scripts to quickly navigate and achieve the same as switching tabs?

• 3. Re: Part setup
              philmodjunk

Yes and you can even design your layouts to look like two tabs of the same tab control. This is often done when someone wants to use a tab control with a list view showing multiple records inside each tab--which cannot be done except with a portal so they simulate the result with multiple layouts and buttons set up to look like tabs.