AnsweredAssumed Answered

Passing parameters or variables between two databases

Question asked by PatrickRoy on Apr 12, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Passing parameters or variables between two databases

I'm trying to create a new hires form, and I'd like to create a random password generator that will create a some-what easy to remember password upon a new record creation request. 

I thought I would create a WORDS database, import 555 three letter words, upon import I auto generated a corresponding number between 100-655. Then in my HIRES database I wanted to create a couple of random numbers, goto the WORDS file and retrive the word that corresponded with the random numbers I had generated. 

Sort of like, word1 = WordNumber1((Int(Random * 555)+100)), I'd do the same for word2, word2 = WordNumber2((Int(Random * 555)+100)). 

Then I would put them together, and insert a 2 digit number between the two words. Password =  word1 & (Int(Random * 9)+10) & word2. The result would be something like - dog88tea.

I'm fairly new at this and I can't seem to get my head around how to pass and get the information I need between the two databases. Or maybe I'm going about this all wrong.....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes