2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2010 12:35 PM by raykennedy

Passing price data between two fields in separate related tables

raykennedy

Title

Passing price data between two fields in separate related tables

In an attempt to prevent redundant data and so the user doesn't have to change fields in two separate areas.

Table 1 - Transaction : Records the Original Price and the Current Price for a real estate transaction.

Table 2 - Price Adjustments : Records all the price changes through out the term of the transaction.

Table 2 contains these fields (ID, OLD PRICE, NEW PRICE, DATE CHANGED, etc)

I would like to have the user make the change once and it be recorded in the other table as well.

I am using a portal to show price adjustments throughout the transaction on the transaction layout. When they do an adjustment on the price they will do this on Table 2 (Price Adjustment Table) within the portal. Upon the change I would like the new Current Price in Table 1 (transaction) to record the change.

So the result is that in Table 2 (Price Adjustments) will record all the price changes while upon changing the latest value of table 2 (new price) the single field on Table 1 - (current price) will change.

Any ideas or direction on this?