4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 4:07 AM by lamp

password for a layout

lamp

Title

password for a layout

Dear All,

I have a database with 3 tables one of table hase confidential data I want to make that layout hide from view everybody. Is there any way to give password just for one layout?

Thanks in advance

Lamp

• 1. Re: password for a layout
          philmodjunk

In Manage | Accounts & Privileges... you can edit an account's privilege set to deny access to a specified layout. This is the "best practice" for limiting layout access. If you have scripts that take a user to the layout, they can check the results of get ( PrivilegeSetName ) and display a custom dialog informing them that they don't have access.

A much less secure alternative, is to control layout access with a script and use Show Custom Dialog with an input field formatted with the password option. Your script would capture the entered password in a global field and validate it to determine if they are permitted layout access.

• 2. Re: password for a layout
            comment_1
               If a table has confidential data, use Accounts & Privileges to deny access to the table - not to a layout of the table.
            • 3. Re: password for a layout
              lamp

Thanks a lot for reply.

I created two account one admin with Custom Privilege with no password and another account Lamp with full access and password.

Admin account doesn't have any password when I open the database it opens as admin. In this account I disabled one of the tables to no access.

When I close the database and reopen it   it works as normal I can go to disables table and I can make changes.

Regards

Lamp

• 4. Re: password for a layout
                lamp

I found the solution.

I cleared the check box in File->File Options 

Now I get prompt to login 

Thaks a lot for your support