1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2012 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

Password Required

AlbertHart

Title

Password Required

For some reason, when saving a version, the window opens up (sometimes) that has the box checked that sets it up for me to enter username and password for access.  I uncheck the box, and continue saving.  Next time I try to open the saved version, it askes for user name and P/W.  I did not set ity up for that, and I have no idea why this happens, neither can I open the data base.  I am in V.11

Any suggestions as to why, or rte how i can open the data base?

• 1. Re: Password Required
          philmodjunk

First, try using Admin as the account name and leave the password box empty. If that opens the file you can't open, go to File Options in the File menu and click the Log In Using Check-- making sure that it is still set up with the default settings of Admin as the account name and no password specified.

That may succeed in getting your file open.

Now for why it is happening in the first place...

How do you "save a version". Do you use Save A copy as... from the File menu or do you run a script to do this? If you run a script, please post the script. Also, please confirm that the screen shot that I'm uploading is the window you are seeing:

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)