AnsweredAssumed Answered

Passwords and Encrypted Fields

Question asked by AntonMarcelline on Dec 3, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 by AntonMarcelline

Title

Passwords and Encrypted Fields

Hi All,

My question relates to Filemaker Pro but the feature I am trying to find may only be a Bento feature.

"Bento 3 introduced a new Encrypted field type that allows users to not only encrypt data, but also have the ability to Show, Hide, or Lock their data". [source: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7340/kw/unlock%20fields]

As far as I am aware Filemaker Pro does have this feature but today (2013-12-03) it was announced that Filemaker Pro 13 has AES 256bit encryption (see FM 13 Adv specs below) but I am going to assume this means database file encryption and no mention of Show, Hide, Lock or individual fields within a database.

"Enable AES 256-bit encryption with FileMaker Pro Advanced to protect data on a FileMaker client or on FileMaker Server".

Can anyone confirm if there is a way to Lock fields in any version of Filemaker? If not are there any third-party plugins that could achieve this?

I did try look for a telephone number for Filemaker Pre-Sales but the website but links you to the products section of the website. Not good seen as I want to spend money on upgrading out Filemaker but with no assurances that the features I was in the new version are even available.

Outcomes