2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 8:39 AM by Frinholp

Pasting objects using same co-ordinates

Frinholp

Title

Pasting objects using same co-ordinates

I have just learned from another post, a pointer from Phil that will save me a bit of time.

I was wondering if anybdy knows if you can copy an object / many objects and past them on to a different layout keeping its/their original co-ordinates?

This will save me a considerable amount of time in the future.

Thanks in advance

Lee

• 1. Re: Pasting objects using same co-ordinates
          philmodjunk

TSGal mentioned a trick for this:

1. Put and extra layout object in the far upper left corner of the layout.
          2. Copy it and the other objects you want to copy to the clipboard
          3. On the other layout, click in the upper left corner once and paste.
          4. Now delete the extra object from both layouts.

LaRetta had another trick that also works:

1. Select the objects and note the top and left numbers on the Inspector's Position tab.
          2. Copy them
          3. Paste them
          4. While the pasted objects are still selected, type the top and left numbers you saw on the first layout back into the Inspector.
          • 2. Re: Pasting objects using same co-ordinates
            Frinholp

LaRetta had another trick that also works:

1. Select the objects and note the top and left numbers on the Inspector's Position tab.
            2. Copy them
            3. Paste them
            4. While the pasted objects are still selected, type the top and left numbers you saw on the first layout back into the Inspector.

This is what I have been doing previously.

TSGal mentioned a trick for this:

1. Put and extra layout object in the far upper left corner of the layout.
            2. Copy it and the other objects you want to copy to the clipboard
            3. On the other layout, click in the upper left corner once and paste.
            4. Now delete the extra object from both layouts.

May save a little effort.

Would be nice to have a paste in same position option. Maybe I should post in the requests for future release - I assume this would make other peoples lives a little easier.

Cheers Phil

Lee